Sunday, July 22, 2012

(McNeil) O'Neill's Bar & Restaurant

The best darn sandwich I've had in my entire life came from a little pub on Suffolk Street in Dublin called O'Neill's Bar & Restaurant.  The pub is one of the pubs we students have frequented since our stay in Dublin because of its convenient location and great drinks and atmosphere.  Every time we entered late at night we'd watch the kitchens close up and bring back all the food and it always smelled so wonderful, it was then we decided that we would have to come back during the day and experience the food.  When I first walked in with my friend and sat down to wait because lunch didn't start serving until a quarter after eleven, I wasn't expecting much out of the meal that I was going to receive at O'Neill's simply because pub food isn't always that reliable on taste.  To my surprise my selection of the Jack Daniels Club was the best decision I'd made (food wise) since being in Dublin. The sandwich was fabulous!!! It was like BBQ but in sandwich form, being from the south I was definitely missing my BBQ.  The quantity of food that was served to us was a very hardy helping indeed as well, I wasn't even able to finish my sandwich and had to bring home left overs (though I wasn't complaining).  If you are a sandwich person like myself, I definitely recommend stoping by O'Neill's for lunch before departing from Dublin.  It'll be one of the best meals you've had since being here.

1 comment:

  1. Caroline, besides being trite, the statement, "the best darn sandwich," sounds inauthentic. It sounds as if you are trying to put on a persona that doesn't really work. Watch for wordy passages. You do not need to say,"pub food is not always that reliable on taste." You have mentioned you are talking about food, so "on taste" is redundant.

    ReplyDelete