Thursday, July 19, 2012

Dietze, Tea-riffic



I’ve never been to a place that has allowed me to embrace my inner tea lover as much as Dublin has. There is tea in about every store I arrive upon. Never iced, however. If you ask for iced you’ll get a very confused response. Hot is much better on these windy Irish summer nights, anyways. Trinity College gave us complimentary ‘Irish Breakfast’ tea bags in a tin can, overpowering the mediocre sized instant coffee tin. Walking right out of the Trinity College Nassau Street gate, a baby blue building inscribed KC Peaches caught my eye. Pastries seductively stare through the glass window of the store along with glass canisters full of tea with dried herbs and purple flowers. I jaywalk across the street and walk in to the little shop. I find out the seemingly small building triples as a pastry store, whole foods market, and a wine bar hidden down the stairs. 

[google] 

Glancing around at the canisters I’m having a hard time deciding which to order. Apple and mint looks good… or rose would be interesting… The lady behind the counter is staring me down waiting for my answer. I finally decide on a tea called blue eyes and a moderate slice of blueberry pie. I sit down, my stomach grumbling at me. The pie is good, though it could have used a few more blueberries. I generously blow on the tea to cool it off and have my first sip. The tea had a refreshing and bright flavor of oranges, apples, rosehips, and hibiscus leaves. I found the small meal perfect for an afternoon snack.



Several days later, I decided to go back and try the lunch buffet and a coffee. I grabbed a take away box and filled it with steamed veggies, broccoli pie, and other homecooked-inspired samplings. It was reasonably priced, tasty, and satisfied the grumble coming from my stomach. The only thing left to try is the wine bar...










3 comments:

  1. KC Peaches seems like a great find! Your post demonstrates the variety of their products well, covering the general price, taste, and portions of what you tried. One suggestion that I have is to choose a single tense for your post. The paragraphs become a little jarring when you go back and forth between present and past. Good review otherwise.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Eric about the tense issues and I would have like to see you in the place a liitle more. That place catches my eye everytime 'i go by, and to see you wen in.

    ReplyDelete
  3. One does not arrive upon. YOU need to study how prepositions work. Tense issues are also a problem. You write as if your stomach were an entity separate from your body. Does your stomach grumble at you as if it were an entirely different person?

    ReplyDelete