Tuesday, July 3, 2012

(McNeil) Trinity vs. Loyola

When I began brainstorming on what I would write about on this particular blog topic comparing Trinity College versus Loyola University, the first thing that came to mind is that Loyola doesn't even compare to Trinity at all.  Trinity is better in so many ways than Loyola. As far as the material things are considered, Trinity has better accommodations, better wifi, better everything basically.  When I first walked on to the campus I was speechless, the history of the university just speaks for itself.  The campus itself is amazingly gorgeous and huge! Compared to Loyola's campus, Trinity is like comparing Michael Jackson to Justin Timberlake.  Michael Jackson was the king! There are so many resources on Trinity's campus for students, it's a studious college students dream.

My own person liking to the university is the accommodations and its location in the city.  When they told us that we would be staying in dorms on campus they forgot to mention they were basically decked out apartments for two.  We have a full fledge kitchen (though lacking appliances) it's still nothing we had offered to us at Loyola.  The location of the university is a dream to a person like me, I'm a shop-a-holic as my mother frequently calls me.  We are in the heart of the city not to mention the premiere shopping district is literally steps away from our doors.  What more can a girl ask for?

Though the school itself is absolutely amazing Loyola offers you what most colleges can't, a tight family surrounding.  At Loyola most everyone knows everyone and you get the since of a family community when you are there.  Though Trinity and Dublin are great, the city itself not to mention Trinity is huge and quite overwhelming for a small town girl like myself.  Loyola was and is perfect for me.  I couldn't have chosen a better university to begin the exciting road that lies before me.

2 comments:

  1. Caroline, Don't forget to proof your blogs before you post. One gets a sense, not since. Good picture of Trinity. What about one from Loyola? Since you attend Loyola, you recognize the ense of closeness and community people feel; Can you tell anything about Trinity other than the lush accommodations? What about the people you have met who work here?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ditto some of Mary's remarks. When you compare make sure you follow through and discuss both sides of the comparison.

    ReplyDelete